As we head in the holiday shopping season, it is a time to be especially careful while driving and shopping. It is a time when busy people become careless and vulnerable to theft and accidents. We can never be too careful, too prepared or too aware.
- Avoid driving alone or at night.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car. Set your alarm or use an anti-theft device.
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lighted area.
- Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with camper shells, or cars with tinted windows.
- Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
- Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children inside.
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car. If you must leave something in the car, lock it in the trunk or glove compartment.
- Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car.
- Keep a secure hold on your purse, handbag and parcels. Do not put them down or on top of the car in order to open the door.
- When approaching or leaving your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area. Ask mall or store security for an escort before leaving your shopping location.
- Drop Off Items at Home. If you’ve purchased a big-ticket item or if you’ve completed a big shopping trip and need to go somewhere else, make a detour home to drop off your purchases.
- Be especially careful when backing up in parking lots. People are easily distracted or children may run behind your car.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Never drink and drive!
We at Davis Body Shop hope these tips keep your holiday safe. If you have questions, drop by or simply call us…. our numbers are: Atascadero (805) 466-2446 or Paso Robles (805) 239-8752. Davis Body Shop wants to keep your family safe on the road…enjoy the holidays and stay safe!